As a quick reference guide, I’m compiling my posts and downloads about dogs with kids and babies here in one place (and I will try to update it moving forward).
- 10 Dos and Dont’s When Introducing Your Dogs To Your New Baby: Download my free guide to get clear on the best practices for dog and baby intros.
- 5 Ways To Help Your Dog When Expecting
- 8 Tips For Keeping Dogs Safe In The Car
- 5 Things To Do For Your Dog Before Your Baby Arrives
- Should You Bring The Baby Blanket Home?
- The Logistics of Sleeping With Baby and Dog
- Reducing Attention Seeking Behaviors
- Don’t Punish The Growl
- Be A Role Model
As a licensed Family Paws Parent Educator and a certified behavior consultant and trainer whose speciality is fear and aggression, I work with a lot of families with dogs and kids. And experience tells me, it’s always better to be proactive than reactive, so with that in mind, if you’re expecting, now is the perfect time to schedule a one on one pre-baby prep session to help prepare your dog (and you!) for the big changes ahead once the baby arrives.