Education and Credentials
Dog training is unregulated. It’s important to know the credentials, certifications and education your trainer has. Here is a list of my credentials, education, certifications and continuing education. I’m happy to explain or clarify any of these and why they’re important.
- Bachelor of Science –The University of the State of New York at Stony Brook/Regents College
- Certificate in Training and Counseling, CTC with Honors – The Academy for Dog Trainers (under the mentorship of Jean Donaldson)
- CBCC-KA (Certified Behavior Consultant Canine-Knowledge Assessed) – Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers (CCPDT) (only one of three in all of Connecticut)
- PCBC-A (Professional Canine Behavior Consultant) – Pet Professional Accreditation Board (only one of 12 worldwide)
- Fear Free Elite Certified Professional
- Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator – CGC, Star Puppy, Community Canine and Urban CGC
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG) – full member
- Family Paws Parent Educator
- The Family Dog Private Trainer (including all educational and bite prevention programs for schools)
- Bright and Beautiful Certified Therapy Dog team with my rescue dog, BooBoo
- Referral Trainer for Delhi The Street Dog Foundation
- Referral Trainer for Westchester SPCA
- Referral and Staff Trainer for Gotham Veterinary Center
- Member of Pet Professional Guild’s Shelter and Rescue Committee
- Certified Pet First Aid and CPR – American Safety and Health Institute
- Previous Staff Trainer for Animal Haven
- Previous Trainer for NJ Chapter of Pets for Vets
- The Emotional World of Dogs: New Insights into Behavior and Training with Dr. Daniel Mills
- Fearful Dogs (Debbie Jacobs) seminar
- Living and Learning with Animals with Dr. Susan Friedman, PhD.
- AcademyFest seminar with Jean Donaldson at Tony LaRussa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF)
- Diploma in Personal Nutrition with Distinction – The Shaw Academy
- How Mothers Matter: The Influence of Early Maternal Interaction on Offspring Behavior and Development
- Update on the Science Behind CBD (Cannabidiol) Use for Pets
- Dog Bite Prevention Week Webinar Summit
- Fear Free Certification Program
- Understanding Medical Conditions and Pain
- Feline Destructive Scratching Solutions
- Human Directed Feline Aggression
- Infectious Diseases: What Trainers Need To Know
- Presenter at Wold Dog Expo 2018: Socialization and Counterconditioning in a Shelter environment
- Presenter at Animal Haven: Bringing Home Baby: Preparing Your Dog For Your Human Arrival
- iCatCare: Getting to know your cat – An Introduction To Feline Behavior
- Nailed It: Canine Nail Course
- How To Muzzle Train Your Dog
- Leave It For Leash Reactivity
- AP News: Virtual Training Can Be Good for trainers, owners and dogs
- Fear Free Pets: Taking Your Training Business Online
- The Academy for Dog Trainers: Graduate Case Study
- PureWow: Can Dogs Sense Pregnancy?
- Fear Free Happy Homes: Dogs In Yards: Are They Happy?
- Rover Crate Series: Best Wooden Crates, Dog Crate End Tables and Best Collapsible Dog Crates
- Kristi Benson: Good Alternatives to E-Fencing – The Experts Weigh In
- Eileen and Dogs: Guest Blog Post: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? But We Live In NJ!
- Eileen and Dogs: Guest Blog Post: Spray With Caution!